With the new dates of the Balloons over Bagan available and starting 2 weeks later compared with the previous years, the Bagan Hot Air Balloon Price for the upcoming season valid from 10th of October 2018 to 10th of April 2018 the price lists for the main 3 balloon operators in Bagan are available online you can now book your balloon over Bagan seat!
Bagan Hot Air Balloon Price
|Balloon Company Bagan||Location||Service||Price||Book Online|
|Oriental Ballooning Bagan||Bagan||Premium||315$||Oriental Ballooning Booking|
|Balloons Over Bagan||Bagan||Standard||320$||Balloons Over Bagan Booking|
|Golden Eagle Ballooning||Bagan||Standard||320$||Golden Eagle Booking|
10 FAQ About Oriental Ballooning Bagan
- When can I fly with Oriental Ballooning? The peak season in Bagan is from 15th of October 2018 to 10th of April 2018. We schedule early morning flights every day throughout this period.
- How long do I need to allow for a balloon flight? From pick up at your hotel, to returning you there, takes approximately 3 to 4 hours. Pick up time is early in the morning and drop off will be till 9-9.30am so be carefull in booking an early flight from Bagan because there are no private transfers to Bagan Airport.
- At what time will I be collected from my Hotel? Passenger pick-up time varies by location and throughout the flying season but is generally between 5.15am and 6.15am. We will inform you of the exact time when you confirm your flight, which is usually the evening prior to your flight.
- Why do we need to go so early in the morning? To take advantage of the best flying conditions and to capture that all-important early morning light as it illuminates the temples and stupas. Later in the day the atmosphere may become unstable making it unsuitable for ballooning. Winds are stronger in the evening and safery is number one priority of the balloons companies in Bagan.
- How far and how high do we go? Hot air balloons fly with the wind so the distance travelled depends on the wind speed. Typically you will travel between 5 and 10km. Your pilot will alter the height the balloon travels at throughout the flight to give you the best views. At times you will glide along at tree-top height and at others you will be given a panoramic view from 2000 ft/600m (Bagan and Mandalay), and up to 6000ft/2000m over Inle Lake.
- How many people will there be in the basket? Balloon baskets, like balloons come in different sizes. Oriental Ballooning is proud to offer you compartmented baskets for your safety and comfort. There will only be one or two other passengers in the same compartment as you. We have sectioned balloon baskets that accommodate at total of 4, 6, 8 or 12 passengers. Maximum number in the Oriental Ballooning balloons is 12 persons.
- What can I bring along on the flight? Handbags, cameras, binoculars and lots of questions; just as you would when out with a tour guide. You will want to capture those memories and our knowledgeable pilots will be happy to answer all of your questions. Valuables are carried in the basket at the owner’s risk. Tripods will only be flown if they are small and lightweight.
Make sure you have plenty of space on your memory card and your camera battery is fully charged.
- Do flights get cancelled and if so, what happens? Flights can be cancelled for safety or operational reasons. Although the weather in Myanmar during the flying season is very stable, there are occasions when we have to cancel a flight for the safety of our passengers, pilots and crew. If this happens, we may be able to offer you a later flight in the same location or one of our alternative locations. If you are unable to take advantage of this, don’t worry, you will receive a full refund except the bank or credit card charges.
- How much is Bagan Hot Air Balloon Price? Our travel agency flights (Premium Service) cost US$ 320.00 per person for Bagan & Inle (include 5% commercial tax).
- How can I pay for my flight? You can pay your balloons over Bagan flight by bank transfer or by credit card and a bank charge fee will appply.
10 FAQ About Balloons Over Bagan
- What Do We See from above? The exciting thing is that every balloon flight is different. You will see Bagan waking up in the morning. You will see many temples in the distance and get a spectacular aerial view of Bagan. Sometimes you may fly over villages and see people on their early morning rounds, feeding their animals; or going to market. It is an amazing and interactive experience.
- Is it Safe the hot air balloon ride in Bagan? Hot air ballooning is an extremely safe activity which is highly regulated in Myanmar with strict safety guidelines. We are licensed by the Department of Civil Aviation and all of our pilots hold full commercial pilot’s licences. Our balloons are built to the highest standards of the British aerospace industry in the UK and imported to Myanmar. We operate under an aviation maintenance organisation with in-house engineers and inspectors who were all qualified in the UK. All of our ground crew regularly receive first aid and fire fighting training by UK and Myanmar Public Transport Inspectors.
- Which Bagan Pagodas we will be able to see? You will see lots of pagodas! Exactly which pagoda you will see depends on the wind direction.
- How Many People Can Fit in One Balloon over Bagan? Our standard service balloons carry 16 passengers and our premium service carry 8 passengers. Each basket is partitioned so that the pilot compartment with all the flight equipment is separate to the passengers. All our baskets contain safety equipment so that passengers are seated during landing.
- Where do we land? Wherever the wind takes you! This could be next to a Pagoda, a field by a village, on a sandbank, or even across the river, which will involve a short trip by boat.
- Can we fly hot air balloon in Bagan at Sunset? Unfortunately because of the tropical location in Bagan, evening weather conditions tend to be less favourable and less reliable than in our scheduled morning flights. We believe therefore that a morning flight affords a more enjoyable and superior experience. Bagan is normally at its most beautiful early in the morning, and temperatures are pleasant and cool.
- Can our children fly? For safety reasons there are age and height restrictions. We set a minimum age of 8 years old, but as a general rule, all passengers must be able to see over the basket.
- How much is Bagan Hot Air Balloon Price? Our travel agency flights (Standard Service) cost US$ 315.00 per person for Bagan & Inle (include 5% commercial tax). Premium Service price is 420$/person.
- What time do we get back at our hotel after the balloon ride in Bagan? In the morning flight, passengers are usually back at their hotels by 08.30am – 09.00am. Some passengers like to stay longer after landing to drink an extra glass of champagne or chat with villagers who come to witness the landing. The post flight celebrations are an important part of ballooning in this special area and not to be rushed!
- Why do I have to give my weight? It is important that we receive the correct weight of each passenger at the time of booking as the total combined total weight of all the passengers on board is an important calculation made by each pilot during their pre-flight safety checks.
10 FAQ About Golden Eagle Ballooning Bagan
- How much time does the balloon flight takes? 35 mins to one hour – Travelling where the wind takes you.You will take in mesmerizing view of majestic Bagan as you fly from treetop level up to several thousand feet while travelling where the wind takes you. During your flight, your pilot explains the history of ballooning and points out prominent pagodas in Bagan.
- Do I get any certificate? At the conclusion of your once in a life time adventure, you will be presented with a commemorative champagne toast to cherish for years to come and ofcourse your partipation certificat for your balloon ride in Bagan.
- If I have a special medical condition can I fly over Bagan? Passengers who have any known medical condition such as epilepsy, recent surgery or other condition which can affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed at the time of booking, and to the pilot on the day of your flight.
- I am pregant. Can I fly the balloon over Bagan? Pregnant women are not allowed to fly.
- What is the maximum weight allowed for the hot air balloon in Bagan?Passengers who weigh above 125kg/280 pounds will be required to pay 100% surcharge of the ticket price. On the flight day, your weight will be taken, and if it is above 125kg/280 pounds, you will be required to pay the surcharge, or refused the flight (if the total weight for the balloon & passengers exceed the permissible weight for flight), & no refund or alternate flights will be offered.
- My kids are over 8 years old but low in height – can they fly with us? Children aged between 8 and 16 years must have their own flight ticket. There is no concessionary fare for children. However, in order to fly, they must be over 137cm tall (4 feet 6 inches) and need to be accompanied by a paying adult. When booking balloon over Bagan for such children, please make sure you also make a corresponding booking for an accompanying adult.
- Can I use my photo for live recording? No, live Facebook is not allowed and to make phonecals as well.
- Can I throw from the basket? During the flight, do not throw anything out of basket. Waste manageent is a big problem in Bagan.
- When Can I cancel free of charge the balloon over Bagan Ticket? change requests received within 31 days prior to Flight Date are subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of the flight price. However, any cancellations received within 21 days prior to Flight Date will incur the full flight charge, and no refund will be given. Failure to arrive at the Flight Date booked by the user of this website will be treated as a No-Show, and no refund will be given. All requests for changes, cancellations, or refunds are subject to Golden Eagle Ballooning’s approval.
- Can I get a refund is my balloon flight in Bagan gets canceled? For all other bookings made through tour agents, customers must contact the respective agent to expedite their refunds.